The purpose of the Local School Council is to bring communities and schools closer together in the spirit of cooperation to solve educational challenges, improve academic achievement, provide support for teachers and administrators, and bring parents into the school-based decision making process.
The Local School Council can:
1. Advise local boards of education.
2. Share ideas for school improvement.
3. Develop and nurture participation.
4. Bring parents and the community together with teachers and school administrators.
5. Create a better understanding and mutual respect for each other’s concerns.
6. Improve communication and participation of parents and the community in the management and operation of local schools.