• M.Ed., Secondary Science, Georgia State University
• B.S., Biology, Clark Atlanta University
• Principal, Coretta Scott King Young Women's Leadership Academy High School, July 2011 – Present
• Principal, South Atlanta School of Health & Medical Sciences, 2007 – 2011
• Magnet Coordinator, Benjamin E. Mays High School, 2006 – 2007
• Instructional Coordinator, Maynard Jackson High School, 2005 –2006
• Assistant Principal, Victory Charter School, 2004 – 2005
• Science Teacher, B.T. Washington High School, 1998 –2004
On a Personal Note
I am an Atlanta native and alumni of D.M. Therrell High School. My parents, James and Opal McCrary, taught me the value of hard work, integrity and perseverance. My mother's mantra, "they can't take what you know" and my dad's love for reading provided the foundation for my career in education. Working at CSKYWLA is my dream job, as it marries my passion for education and commitment to empowering young women to dream a bold dream for their lives. CSKYWLA has a singular goal for our young women - every student will graduate from college, therefore we consider ourselves a "6-16" learning environment that plans intentionally to ensure students are college ready. This bold dream is exciting, as I am a witness to the transforming power of great role models, teachers and a college diploma.
My intellectual pursuits shifted my life's trajectory, defying several statistics and stereotypes associated with an urban upbringing. Dr. Benjamin Mays asserts, "It is not your environment, it is you - the quality of your mind, the integrity of your soul and the determination of your will that will decide your future and shape your life." I believe that our young women are capable of achieving greatness if they operate in integrity and honor the inner voice that guides them toward these transforming principles - a bold dream and the audacity to accomplish it.