Media Center Info
This mission is accomplished:
· by providing intellectual and physical access to print andnon-print resources
· by collaborating with other educators to use all types of librarymaterials and equipment that contribute to instruction
· by encouraging students to cultivate an interest in reading
· by library media center staff participating effectively as amember of the school community
· by assisting students in becoming skillful and discriminating users of print and non-print materials.
Students may keep library materials for twoweeks. We do not charge overdue fines; however, any item that is either lost or damaged must be paid fo
The Library Media Center has11 computers for student use. All computers offer internet access, and students may use the internet only if they have a signed parental permission slip on file.
All library functions are fully automated, and students may use the automated system to locate materials in the library.
Vanessa P.Lawrence is the full-time library media specialist at Cascade. Mrs. Lawrence holds bachelor and masters degrees in Early Childhood Education with an Add-on Certification and Education Specialist in Library Media. Before becoming the library media specialist at Cascade, Mrs. Lawrence taught kindergarten through third grades at Arkwright and Dunbar Elementary Schools.