Every Atlanta Public School has a Parent Teacher Association (PTA) whose goal is to bring together the interests of the parents and the school to support student achievement. PTAs normally meet once a month. Through PTA initiatives and activities, parents and teachers cooperate intelligently in the education of our children.
- Supports and organizes school-wide events
- Provides a forum to discuss issues of importance to parents and teachers
- Provides the volunteers and the organization needed to support school projects
- May conduct fundraising for school activities
- May assist in special school projects, such as website development, landscaping or community outreach
- At most schools, the PTA membership drive begins a few weeks after the new school year starts and lasts several weeks. Parents are invited to join during this time or later in the year if desired.
- Look for a PTA membership form in your school office, fill out the form, attach your membership dues and return the form to the school office.
- PTA dues are used to help fund projects and programs that add to the quality of your child’s education and to help teachers and parents communicate and work together.
When are the PTA meetings?
PTA Meetings are held the 2ND Tuesday of every month beginning at 6:00pm.