TEACHERS: Sra. Trujillo And Sra. Durán-Pinzás
Tutorial for all Spanishlearners: Sra. Durán’s students every Monday 4:00 – 4:45 pm. For Sra.Trujillo’s students every Tuesday 7:20 -8:15am.
Text: AvancemosA & B ($60 cost to replace book). These books will be used ONLY in class.
· Course Description: Seventh grade Spanish class focuses on thedevelopment of communicative competence. Students will develop an understandingof basic written and spoken Spanish. Assessments will be on-going and includetests, quizzes, projects and performance tasks that allow students todemonstrate what they know and can do in Spanish in real life. Students willdevelop an understanding of written and spoken Spanish. Also, students willgain knowledge and understanding of other cultures and will reinforce theirknowledge of other disciplines such as geography, history, science andmathematics.
· Eighth Grade Objectives: Developing listening, speaking, readingand writing skills: Text Book Avancemos 1B
1. Describe ahouse, household items, people and locations.
2. Talk aboutsports, that you know, what you know, parts of the body,
3. Talk about howto deny invitations. Talk about what you do to stay healthy.
4. Technology andseries of events,
5. List places inthe city (Parks, Museums, etc..)
6. Learn aboutdaily routines.
7. DemonstrateNovice-Mid/High proficiency in oral and written exchanges.
8. Identify mainideas and some details when reading and listening.
9. Comprehendsimple, culturally authentic reading materials; “Pobre Ana”
10. Give basic information about self andothers using suggested topics.
11. Practice with regular and irregular verbs,present progressive and preterit.
12. Learn about Spanish speakingcountries’ culture and geography.
Youcan greatly assist by making sure your child comes to class prepared andorganized. You can help your child review for a test, quiz or project. Whoknows, you might learn some Spanish in the process!! J Acknowledgement of detention, disciplinenotices and late work will be appreciated. Assignments will be posted dailyat the school’s website.
1. 3-ring notebook with 4 dividers labeled:
v Class work
v All class handouts and Culture
2. Composition notebook (will be used daily as a note taking tool to checkgrammar and other pertinent information).
3. Spanish-English dictionary
4. Pens, pencils, erasers, line paper
v 30% CLASSWORK/PARTICIPATION
v 25% TESTS
v 10% QUIZZES
v 25% PROJECTS
v 10% HOMEWORK
Grading scalefor the Atlanta Public School System:
v 90-100 A
v 80-89 B
v 70-79 C
v 69 & below F
*An effective and successful class must bebased on four essential aspects: RESPECT, HONESTY, EFFORT, and DISCIPLINE (RHED).Discipline is a must for the sake of the instruction and that of yourselfand your classmates: You are a young adult and should behave as one.
*Tardinessand Readiness: Being ontime – and that means SEATED when the bell rings – is of the utmost importance.When you are late, you disrupt the class and miss instruction. You will haveone freebie, after that, EVERY UNEXCUSED TARDY will result in ONE DETENTION to beserved. Please be ready EVERYday for class: bring you Spanish binder and notebook, Avancemos Spanishworkbook, pencil and paper.
*Homework: There will be homework every single day,either a WRITTEN or a STUDY assignment. If home learning is not done on the duedate, the student will have a chance to turn in LATE HOMEWORK for 50% whichwill be averaged with tests, quizzes, class participation, and other grades todetermine the final grade.
*Allpapers must be legible, written in blue or black ink, and headed in thefollowing manner (in the upper right-hand corner): ** If the student’s name isNOT on the paper, student will receive 5pts. Less .
First Name/ Last name John Smith
Date (in Spanish) 20de agosto de 2008
Class period 7th MTT
***** All other assignments such as classwork and projects will adhere to the same criteria as Homework.
TEACHER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY THISSYLLABUS BASED UPON STUDENTS’ NEEDS.